Welcome to the website «Nanotechnology on Surfaces and Plasma», Research Group on Thin Films Engineering and Plasma Technology – SINCAF Research group of «Junta de Andalucia» (FQM196)
The mission of the Nanotechnology on Surfaces and Plasma research group is to develop high-quality scientific research and to transfer the acquired knowledge to the industry and other social stakeholders. The purpose is to develop new thin films and supported nanostructures for advanced functional applications in fields such as photonics, energy, sensors, and other responsive systems. We have activity in the following research lines:
- Vacuum and plasma-based deposition and surface functionalization processes.
- Nanostructured surfaces and thin films synthesis: advanced characterization.
- Functional applications of nanostructured surfaces: wetting.
- Surfaces and thin films for energy harvesting.
- Development of sensors, biosurfaces, photonic, and responsive devices.