Welcome to the website the Nanotechnology on Surfaces, Research Group on Thin Films Engineering and Plasma Technology – SINCAF
The mission of our research group Nanotechnology on Surfaces is to develop high quality research in the field of surface nanotechnology and the transfer of the acquired knowledge to the industry and other social stakeholders. The purpose of developing new thin films and supported nanostructures for advanced functional applications in fields such as photonics, biosurfaces, sensors and other responsive systems. We have activity in the following research lines:
- Vacuum and plasma based deposition and surface functionalization processes.
- Nanostructured surfaces and thin films synthesis: advanced characterization.
- Functional applications of nanostructured surfaces: wetting.
- Surfaces and thin films for energy collection applications.
- Development of sensors, biosurfaces, photonic, and responsive devices.